Friday, December 30, 2016

Who Are You?

I'm doing this online course about being a freelancer (which I am in case any of you haven't noticed by now) by Seth Godin, and I'm supposed to post these questions and answers publicly. This refers to me as author Robert Zoltan, illustrator Zoltan, composer Robert Szeles, singer songwriter producer for Kiss the Girl, and owner of my company Dream Tower Media, through which I am trying to bring all of my talents (and talents of others) together.

1. What do you want to do? (Not your job, but your work, now, tomorrow, and in the future)

I want to create beauty and truth through various media (music, art, literature, and a combination thereof), opening a window onto transcendence.

2. Who do you want to change, and how do you want to change them?

I want to give people a greater appreciation for meaningful art, and a deeper experience and enjoyment for those who already appreciate the arts, moving all people to a greater love and joy for the wonder and mystery of life.

3. How much risk? (from 1 [a little] to 10 [bet everything]), how much are you willing to put at stake to make the change you seek?

From 1 to 10, I am willing to risk between 8-10 (depending on the day) to make the changes I seek.

4. How much work are you willing to do to get there?

I am willing to do whatever work is required to achieve this goal without sacrificing my long term mental or physical health.

5. Does this project matter enough for the risk and the effort you’re putting into it?

Yes, this project does matter enough.

6. Is it possible — has anyone with your resources ever pulled off anything like this?

Yes, other people have succeeded to various degrees, whether on a large scale (someone like George Lucas, Disney or Edgar Rice Burroughs) or a smaller scale (successful independent publishers).

No comments:

Post a Comment